Modern life is full of stress and often there is no time for a full rest. Most people are used to the fast pace of life and feel great no matter what time they go to bed or wake up. But over time, the body, which seems to be used to irregular rest, gets tired and insomnia occurs. At the same time, those who strictly adhere to the sleep schedule can also suffer from insomnia. Why does this disorder appear? It turns out that there are many reasons for its occurrence.
Causes of insomnia
- As mentioned above, the most common reason is that a person does not have a sleep schedule. In order for the body to feel good, it is necessary to follow a sleep schedule, that is, go to bed at the same time every day, sleep at least 8 hours and wake up at a certain time.
- Nervous tension and stress. Even a domestic quarrel can lead to insomnia.
- Overeating and drinks. Having dinner right before bed means that the body cannot relax as it is busy digesting food. Drinks, especially such as coffee, tea, energy drinks, alcohol should not be drunk before going to bed. Their drinking leads to the fact that the nervous system is in an excited state, accordingly, it will be difficult for a person to fall asleep.
- Uncomfortable bed. It is not for nothing that most doctors recommend sleeping on a hard surface. It is difficult to lie down comfortably on soft mattresses and pillows, accordingly, the desire to fall asleep disappears completely. It is also not advisable to sleep in a hammock and on sofas.
Knowing the causes of your insomnia, you will be able to fight it. Of course, even if you change the mattress and stop overeating at night, you will not get rid of insomnia immediately. But you can help your body relax and prepare for sleep.
Ways to fight insomnia
- Before going to bed, you need to ventilate the room. Also, a walk in the park, forest, on the embankment, etc. will be very useful. If you don’t want to walk in the fresh air or don’t have time for it, then at least go out to the balcony.
- Warm bath with aromatic oils. The bath should be taken 1 hour before bedtime. Lavender can be used as relaxing oil.
- After the bath, you can drink warm milk with honey or a cup of tea with chamomile. If your day was too nervous and stressful, make yourself a tea with mint or lemon balm. It relieves stress and relaxes well.
- Before falling asleep, think only about pleasant things, dream. Forget all bad thoughts and do not analyze the past day.
- Don’t nap during the day. Naps can make it hard to fall asleep at night, or you can wake up frequently. If you feel excessive daytime sleepiness, take Armod or Waklert. These medications indirectly block the reuptake of dopamine in the brain to promote wakefulness and clarity of thinking. Unlike other stimulants that affect the central nervous system, they do not inhibit motor function.
Help your body rest on time, and you will never have insomnia.