According to statistics, every fifth person in the world suffers from insomnia. There are many reasons for insomnia, but the main ones are overwork, night shift work, stress and increased anxiety. If insomnia occurs 1-2 times a year, it will not harm the body, but if insomnia becomes chronic, it can significantly reduce the quality of life and negatively affect your health. What are the consequences of insomnia?
18 reasons to get rid of insomnia:
1. Insomnia increases the risk of cancer, especially prostate or breast cancer.
2. Insomnia leads to gaining excess weight and, as a result, to obesity. A sleepy person, in contrast to an energetic person who has had enough sleep, constantly feels hunger and eats more high-calorie food.
3. Insomnia is a risk factor for various cardiovascular diseases and complications of existing ones.
4. Insomnia causes low mood. As a result, mental disorders, including depression, may occur.
5. Insomnia leads to uncontrolled emotions. The more often sleep deprivation occurs, the more difficult it is to control your emotions.
6. Insomnia deprives a person of the ability to correctly identify both his emotions and the emotions of others, which will undoubtedly lead to problems in communicating with people, whether they are neighbors, friends, colleagues or spouse.
7. Insomnia weakens the immune system. With regular sleep deprivation, the body is very susceptible to various viruses and bacteria.
8. Insomnia increases the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, because with a lack of sleep, receptors are less sensitive to insulin.
9. With insomnia, the amount of stress hormone in the body increases, as a result of which the skin ages faster and becomes less beautiful.
10. Insomnia negatively affects the brain, because waste products of metabolism are removed from the brain during sleep.
11. Sleeping less than 6 hours a day contributes to a decrease in life expectancy.
12. If a person sleeps less than 7 hours a day, vaccines become less effective.
13. If a person sleeps less than 6 hours a day, the risk of death from cardiovascular disease increases by 48%.
14. With a lack of sleep, it is very difficult for a person to independently assess his effectiveness and adequacy.
15. Also, with a lack of sleep, blood pressure rises. If a person does not get enough sleep for a long time, hypertension occurs.
16. Insomnia increases the risk of arrhythmia, that is, the heartbeat becomes irregular.
17. The risk of stroke increases significantly in a person who does not sleep at least six hours a day.
18. The risk of getting into an accident increases many times. This is due to the fact that it is difficult for a person to assess his concentration and reaction speed. He is sure that everything is fine, but in reality it is not. To improve your concentration, be more energetic, take Armod or Artvigil. These drugs indirectly block the reuptake of dopamine in the brain to promote wakefulness and clarity of thinking. However, if you are very sleepy, it is better to take the metro or bus.