There are some concepts called sleep hygiene. It has been proven that if a person follows the basic rules of such hygiene, then his sleep becomes stronger.
- Create a certain routine for yourself, and try to always wake up at the same time, regardless of whether it is a working day or a weekend. Thanks to this, all the functions of your body will be able to normalize. If you follow this simple rule, you can forget about insomnia for a long time and plan your next day. Before going to bed, you will not need to count sheep, you will be able to fall asleep easily and quickly.
- You should go to bed only when you feel sleepy. In other cases, you should not force yourself to sleep, even if you have to get up early in the morning – this can lead to even more stress for your body. And if you lie down, but you can’t fall asleep, you need to change the environment. Sit in your favorite chair and do something calm and monotonous, for example, reading or embroidery. At the first manifestation of drowsiness, you should go back to bed. This can be repeated as many times as you need.
- You should have one place to sleep – a bedroom. Make sure that you fall asleep only in the bedroom, because this is the place for it. The bedroom is a place for sleep, for sex, and in case you are sick, you can lie down there. Under no circumstances should you work in the bedroom!
- 4. If you don’t sleep well at night, you should never sleep during the day. And if you feel a lack of energy, severe drowsiness, take Armod or Artvigil. These medications are indirect dopamine receptor agonists that prevent the reuptake of this type of neurotransmitter, increasing its presence in the brain. This increases your wakefulness, clarity of thinking, and concentration which allows you to tackle and accomplish your tasks much more easily.
- Move more. It is necessary to maintain constant physical activity. Remember that the body is most ready for physical activity between 11:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Such biorhythms are not accidental, it is necessary for the body to calm down five to six hours before sleep. Constant physical activity promotes energy, and also relieves stress. Finish your most intense activities earlier, at least 7 hours before going to bed, and try to go for a walk in the fresh air before going to bed. It is a well-known fact that oxygen is a good antidepressant, it improves mood perfectly. Based on this, it makes sense to get used to airing the bedroom before going to bed.
- In no case do not smoke before going to bed. It has been scientifically proven that nicotine, like other drugs, has a detrimental effect on normal metabolism in the body. It is strictly not recommended to drink alcohol, as it dehydrates the body, and because of this, your sleep will become worse, and you will not be able to fully rest. And as a result, you will have a headache, depression and weakness. All this is aggravated by harmful products of alcohol breakdown, which are not immediately removed from the body.